How to play Minecraft RTX?
How to play Minecraft RTX?
Ray Tracing is now available for Minecraft Java edition and you can avail the package on your Xbox by following the given steps
- Proceed to install the Minecraft version for Windows 10 from the Minecraft Store.
- Then, install the app Xbox Insider Hub from the Minecraft Store.
- Then, proceed to launch the latter.
- After this, you will notice an Insider Content tab available at the left-hand side of the menu.
- Tap on Minecraft for Windows 10 option.
- Tap on Join.
- Further click on Minecraft for Windows 10 RTX Beta.
- Tap Accept and the RTX Beta will itself install through the Minecraft Store.
RTX Beta will be available for Minecraft for Windows 10, however, those who already have the app must switch to this version. This will compel you to delete the previous Minecraft version and reinstall it with the procedure mentioned above.
What is Minecraft RTX beta?
All the fans of Minecraft are now going to enjoy it even more thanks to the upgrade added to it. Introduced by Nvidia, ray tracing is now available for Minecraft too and while many out there won't be familiar with this, here is a brief idea about ray tracing. Lighting and sound effects have always been troublesome and many players found it taxing to adapt to these. With the new technology provided by Nvidia, you don't have to worry about those lighting issues anymore as they are going to be really brilliant and will surely attract your attention as soon as you start playing. Some of the graphic cards which are compatible with this technology are
- Titan RTX
- GeForce RTX 2060
- GeForce RTX 2060 Super
- GeForce RTX 2070
- GeForce RTX 2070 Super
- GeForce RTX 2080
- GeForce RTX 2080 Super
- GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
Requirements for Ray Tracing in Minecraft
If you are also a fan of Minecraft and want to play ray tracing in it, following are some of the requirements which must be fulfilled
- RAM: Above 8 GB
- CPU: Intel Core I5 or equivalent
- Operating System: Windows 64-bit
- Version: Minecraft 1.16.200 or above
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 20 Series or above, or AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series
This feature is currently available for Bedrock and those having another Minecraft Version must wait in order to avail it.
How to turn on Ray Tracing in Minecraft?
Once you open your Minecraft game, sign into your account and then follow the below mentioned guidelines
- Open the Settings of your game and then tap on Video.
- Here, you will see an option of Ray Tracing present. You can't tap on it since it is gray here.
- In order to enable this you will have to go to the Marketplace tab and make some changes.
- Both free and paid content options will be available here and you have to tap on the Magnifying glass to search 'Ray Tracing'.
- Proceed for the Imagination Island RTX option and tap on Free to complete the purchase.
- Tap on Download. Make a confirmation by tapping again.
- After the process is completed, tap on Create This World. Then click on Create or Create on Realms Server.
- In case a warning appears, click on Do not show this screen again and tap Proceed.
The process is now completed and if the game still looks regular now, go again yo the main menu and click Settings> Video and toggle Ray Tracing switch to on.