Why does my Spotify keep pausing?
Spotify is one of the most popular audio streaming platforms and such conditions like the app not working properly or pausing in between may arise quite frequently. There may be multiple reasons behind this, with the most common being password sharing.
If you are also one of those who have shared their Spotify password with someone else, then it’s high time that you reconsider your decision. Sometimes, you may witness the name of the other user appearing below the name of the song and this may be hindering your activity.
However, if you haven’t done so, then there can be multiple other reasons why this would be happening. You can use Spotify++ to stay away from all these kind of errors as it runs smoothly.
Reasons behind Spotify errors
Following reasons may be causing your Spotify to stop working or pausing in between:
- Not having a stable internet connection
- You have shared your password with someone
- Change in Spotify settings
- Usage of outdated Spotify version
- Advertisements in the free version
- Instability in the Bluetooth connection
- Using low power mode on your device
Ways to fix Spotify errors
Consider following the below mentioned steps in case your Spotify gets paused again and again:
Stop sharing your password
If you are sharing your password with anyone, immediately stop doing so. Sharing your password or signing in from multiple devices is one of the core reasons behind this issue.
These files refer to the saved data of downloaded songs, passwords, searches, and much more. Not clearing this data may lead to data corruption and may hinder your app’s normal function. So, make sure you clear all the cache files regularly and consider following these steps in order to do so:
- First of all, proceed with going to the Storage option present in the Settings.
- Then, from the list of the applications available, select Spotify.
- Here, you have the option to choose either Clear Storage or Clear Cache. Choose the latter.
Use Background App Refresh
Some of the applications keep working on even when present at the background. So is the case with Spotify and for this purpose, you must use App Refresh by following the given procedure:
- Open the Settings of your device and tap on Connections.
- From there, tap on Data Usage, after which, click on Mobile Data Usage.
- Pick Spotify from the available list of applications and then turn on the option of Allow background data usage.
Full phone storage may be causing a lot of glitches on your device and for this purpose, make sure you uninstall all the useless files to make space. Doing so will make your apps including Spotify run pretty smoothly.
Uninstall the application
Using the outdated version of the application may prove to be of much harm as it may contain bugs etc. To avoid such unwanted situations, make sure you use the latest version of the app and for such purpose, uninstall and then reinstall Spotify in order to enjoy a smooth experience.