If you are downloading a big-sized app or game, you will also have to download and set up an OBB/Data file while installing an APK. In this article, we will guide you on how to install an Apk with OBB/Data file.
What is an OBB File?
An OBB/Data file can be defined as an additional file to the Apk file. Some of the apps or games are big in size that they cannot be fitted in just an Apk file. So, to store more data, developers created a file known as the OBB file. While downloading a big-sized app or game from the google play store, firstly apk file is downloaded, and then the OBB file is downloaded, which is termed as additional file.
What do you need to install the OBB/Data file?
Here are some of the requirements which you will need to install the OBB file:
- File manager ( You can also use ES file explorer)
- Obb file (and apk file)
Steps for setting up OBB/Data file:
1. First of all, download both apk and OBB files:
2. Now install the apk file by enabling the “unknown resources” option.
Now, you will have to set up the OBB file:
1. Extract the Zip file to the current folder
2. Now you have the OBB file in the folder
3. Now, move this folder to Android > OBB
4. It is done!. Now, open the game or app.
5. The game is working perfectly!
We have provided you with the easiest method to install an apk with an OBB file. You can easily download the big sized apps or games like PUBG, GTA San Andreas, and Extreme Landing, etc. If your default file manager does not have cut, copy, or extract options, then you should install ES file explorer. If you still face any problem while setting up OBB files, let us know in the comment section.