Charcoal in Minecraft
Minecraft is a game based completely on blocks and these blocks range from natural resources to food blocks. Charcoal is also a very essential block in Minecraft which resembles much closely to that of coal. It is a well known fact that when one thing runs short, we turn to its alternative for use. Same is the case with coal and charcoal blocks in Minecraft, which can be used as substitutes for each other.
The primary purpose of these is to synthesize torches and to power the game with furnaces. One main thing to notice is that despite the similar characteristics shared by coal and charcoal blocks in Minecraft, they cannot be stockpiled together for use.
Check Out Java Edition of Minecraft.
How to make charcoal in Minecraft without coal?
Minecraft resembles much to reality despite the fact that it looks very childish apparently. Charcoal in Minecraft can be obtained by burning or smelting logs in a furnace. Following material is required to make charcoal:
- Wood logs
- Any fuel source
The process for doing so is pretty simple and all you have to do is find trees nearby. After you have done so, consider following the below mentioned steps:
- To proceed with, you will require at least 4 logs of wood which can then be converted into planks.
- Move towards the crafting menu in order to make the charcoal. This crafting menu will be present in the inventory, which can be opened by pressing the E tab.
- Then, try to make a furnace with the aid of eight cobblestones.
- If you are having any leftover wood, then you can proceed to make charcoal now.
- Just place the furnace and put the woods on it, and you are ready to make charcoal.
- Place any of the fuel that you have below the furnace, and the furnace will start burning those woods.
How to make a block of charcoal in Minecraft?
Block of charcoal can be constructed the same way as the block of coal in Minecraft. A 3×3 square of coal is required for synthesizing a block of coal. Same is the case with charcoal, which can be made by 3×3 squares of charcoal.
How to craft charcoal in Survival mode?
In order to craft charcoal in the survival mode, consider following these steps:
- Proceed with opening the furnace menu present in the game.
- You can then add fuel to it.
- Next, some items are required which can synthesize charcoal.
- To do this, you can place any sort of wood in the top one box.
- When this wood is cooked in the furnace, you will see it present in the right box.
- Next, your job is to move this charcoal to the inventory.
- The charcoal is now done and ready to be used.